Friday 9 March 2012

Marni for H&M -mission accomplished!


Never thought I would wake up at 6am and join a queue for something like Marni x H&M but I did.
I guess having the  luxury of time and freedom of not working 9to5 helped to explore this curiosity of mine and it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime thingy experiences ticked off the checklist.
Boyfriend said I'm nuts but he chipped in by giving me the morning call cos he saw that I was really psyched up about it.

When I finally woke up, I figured I was going to be surrounded by very young people and contemplated dressing up for those just-in-case moments. Then I thought.. NAWW.. I'm definitely not wearing smooch and I'm gonna dress comfortably.

Was thinking if I had to queue, it would mean standing for two hours so I wore leggings+comfy oversized shirt and flats and was prepared to stand for more than 2 hrs cos I didn't exactly have a portable stool and would I really want to be shopping with a stool??

Much to my surprise, when I got to H&M, there wasn't much of a queue and a H&M personnel was giving out time bracelets,mine was gold olive colour and she said , " go get some breakfast and come back at 10am for your slot"
BEST NEWS ALL DAY.
Spared from the physical torture of queueing and I'm definitely able to shop at 10am. 
Well done & THANK YOU H&M Singapore.

I was a lil skeptical about the availability of stocks at 10am, but oh well, I'm sure some stuff would still be left :)

Arrived at 9ish and I gained access to the store, the left side of H&M was the Marni collection and to the right was their usual stuff and people with time bracelets could enter and start shopping other stuff.
I waited by the sides to identify where were the stuff I wanted to buy:) I was surrounded by housewives, indonesian chinese kids, branded bags and watches and floral blazers and pretty gay boys.
pic above shows the next group of shoppers who only have 10 mins ahead to shop.
the emcee was really hyped up & was also the official time keeper, 
" 2mins left shoppers", "30 secs left shoppers" , after 10 mins were up, shoppers had their bags checked to make sure they only had 1 item per design and everyone had to vacate the floor. Giving the staff 2 mins to replenish the racks and display. IT WAS AMAZING.

each time before a new group entered, the H&M wld cheer and clap and welcome the new group, "shoppers are you READY?!?!?"
it was so FUN!

I was just soaking up the atmosphere and tweeted away..oh the happiness of waiting. imagine if smooch had a retail shop, would my customers actually queue up? if we ever did, I would make sure they were given the same treatment! 

Came my turn and I made a beeline for the accessories , everyone was so civilised and CALM and orderly, thank goodness there wasn't a  face-off moment between me and another shopper LOL

earrings, necklaces, bracelets, one of each into the shopping bag

total damage of this group effort accumulated to  $1.2k and i'm just happy that i got to shop on the behalf of pris, gina and my shopaholic aunty who couldn't stop msging me her shopping list

successful shoppers were beaming as we walked out with our green plastic bags haha!

the 3 bag fulls
the dresses came with hangers and a marni for H&M laundry care bag
the final haul laid out on a couch :)



The first time was quite an experience, would I try this again? 
Never say never,  I might especially if H&M keeps up the time slot system! :)


happy weekend all! 
some pictures to work on and a new collaboration between smooch & vanity trove begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment