Saturday 7 April 2012

melbourne

every year i try to make a trip down to melbourne to eat, drink, shop and make merry with all my friends there and every year without fail, i always fall in love with that city. last year i managed to stay for easter weekend, unfortunately due to scheduling, i'll miss it this year :( but even then, this year's 5 days there was amazing as always.

jo moved away from their main street and now is in fitzroy... i had my reservations but it turned out to be an amazing apt with tons of food n my newly found favourite jewellery store just down the road. fitzroy was a great move and jo's now so much happier - closer to work, great cafe everywhere etc etc

as with all my travels, i had my cravings all fixed.... including pho on russell street n a great burger - from a burger joint just opposite jo's place
a veery simple burger yet highly satisfying

as jo was working, he was really sweet to get up and have breakfast with me everyday... and as when in melb, good coffee was everywhere in fitzroy! and of course awesome breakfast including flaky croissants which for some reason, i've not found a baker in sg who's able to do so now :(

and of course the other highlight of this trip was that jo finally got his 3d printer working! it was absolutely amazing! after years of procrastination, he's gotten round to making it work and i got my birthday present from it :)

jo took a sickie on wed to go to the galleries with me and it was a great, easy day out. in many ways melb reminds me of parts of LA which was great... since jo now lives in fitzroy, i was forced to walk around that area. i know that it's not that far from town, but it was suppose to be a relaxing trip so i mainly stayed within 15mins walk of the apt during the day. brunswick street is so similar to West LA, i couldn't help but miss it
since it was leading up to easter, everything had bunnies around

my last nite was great as we took it really easy, met up with marn, wilson and claud had my last pho then off to crown to watch hunger games where i had my first choc top

then it was off back home to have very well made cosmos :)

missing melb and all my friends there... xp

No comments:

Post a Comment